Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October is over, let's review!

 I didn't do so hot at blogging this past month. It was kind of a crazy month. I promise to try to be better! 

October is literally my favorite month of the year! I love it! I celebrate my birthday in it, the leaves change, pumpkins are everywhere, the cool weather. It's great! Matt and I had a lovely October this year. Here's a review of what we did! (Most pictures are from my phone, please don't judge! I am no photographer.. although maybe if I improved more people would read this blog.) 




 On the 2nd I turned 25 years old. Matt and I began our cupcake tour of Chicago. It's an ongoing tour (how many cupcakes can you really consume in 1 day).

 
 Phoebe's Cupcakes (pictured left) in Lincoln Park was our #1 pick so far!  The salted caramel was the best cupcake I have ever eaten. Molly's Cupcakes in Lincoln Park was amazing as well! I had the Kahlua cupcake! It was so sweet! So good though! That icing was delicious! 

Matt threw me an awesome Mad Men/60s themed Birthday party! It was great! 

 
I took a Cake decorating class! ;-)


 I already have my first "cake job" lined up. I am making a friends sons birthday cake! Toy Story! Stay tuned for pictures of that!



We drank a lot of hot apple cider (Trader Joe's Spiced Cider is REALLY GOOD!)



We went to the pumpkin patch with friends and conquered the corn maze! 


We went to a Halloween/Pumpkin Carving party. I dressed up as a nun even though I was only there for a few minutes before my class. 

 I made these Monster Cupcakes for the party! ;-) 



We ended the month on a sad note, both of us have been sick. We're still kind of recovering a little. Our stupid allergies! 
October was a wonderful month! I am excited for November and the Holidays just around the corner! ;-) 


What did you do in October?!?!? 

No comments: