Friday, May 23, 2008

Summertime!!!

It's summer! Well.... you wouldn't know it from the weather we've had lately... rain rain rain and COLD! I guess it's not "officially" summer yet but for me it feels like it should be since I've been out of school for almost a month now. I can't even believe that it's been almost a month!!! It's going by too fast!!! SLOOOOOOW DOWN SUMMER BREAK!!!!

So I haven't updated lately because well... quite frankly my life lately has been... work, eat, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep, eat, work, sleep... day off!... work, work, sleep, work. LOL! Not even kidding that is how I feel. I've been working a lot if you didn't figure that out... I work evening shift at a rehabilitation hospital as a rehab nurse tech. Evening shift is 2pm-10:30pm. That's such a weird and quite frankly sucky time to work. I feel like I come home and catch up with the world, go to sleep and wake up at like 10:30 and eat, get ready and go back to work. I like my job and I love most of my patients and people I work with. I love being able to help people and just give someone the opportunity to smile and laugh. To give them the since that they can get better and be able to go home and manage themselves. I love my job, but at the same time I'm kind of bummed that I am working so much over my summer break. I am going on a few little vacations this summer though! I'm pretty excited about them!!

My roommate, Emily, and I are going to Washington DC next Friday for a long weekend. Her sister lives there so we are going to go have some fun and be touristy for a few days. I'm really excited to get away for a few days and just relax and have fun. I'm excited to see Emily too because I haven't seen her since before I came home for the summer.

The next weekend I am going to Ohio with my family to my cousins graduation and my cousin's fiance's bridal shower. I am really looking forward to seeing my family and just spending some time with them and seeing my cousin Lydia graduate high school. :-)

Then at the end of June I am going wtih Matt and his family to Tennessee to the Smokey Mountains for a week. I think we're going to Dollywood and a few other places in Tennessee. I'm really excited to spend the week with him and his family. I don't get to see him too often.. just on my days off and when I get off work once in awhile.

Anyways.... it's been awhile since I've updated and I thought I would even though I seriously don't think anyone ACTUALLY reads this... but I Could be wrong. LOL! I still haven't taken a picture of myself to show everyone my new haircut but I will get around to it sometime.... LOL! It may just be when I post pictures from Emily and I's vacation to D.C.

Well... I'm off to bed... I have the day off tomorrow so I am going to catch up on all my shows I've missed lately (Grey's Anatomy and Samantha Who?) and then probably go to Barnes and Noble and get a coffee and read lots of magazines and then Matt is coming to hang out after he gets off from work in the afternoon.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

No comments: