Monday, April 14, 2008

Failure.


In case that's hard to read.... it says....

I'm a nursing student, and I think I've figured out why there's a nursing shortage.


So, I haven't updated in quite some time ( over a week in fact...) because I haven't spent too much time on the internet. I have been studying for my nursing "ATI" testing. Which is a test that is set up like the NCLEX, the national board certification after you graduate nursing school. But, we have these ATI tests at the end of every nursing class you see.... well I have been studying a lot for my pharmacology ATI test this past weekend and last week. I took my test today and well..... I failed it.


At first I Was okay with this realization, because thankfully, "they" (Whoever they are..) realize that these tests are almost IMPOSSIBLE to pass. You have to get a 68% to PASS!!! Come on now.... well... I got a 60% today. So.... I will be retaking it on Wednesday.


I had my emotional breakdown (being a girl I have the right....) and I think I am alright now. So, tonight it was back to the ati book. But.... don't rest assured quite yet... because after I pass this one the second time around... i have ANOTHER one next Monday for my Medical-Surgical nursing class. WAHOO!!!!! LOL!!!!

Okay enough with the synicism. I realized that this was going to be hard coming into it so I really should not complain all that much... but let's be honest.... most everybody would complain if they were in my shoes.



In other news.... I only have 14 days of the semester left (in about an hour when it's actually the 15th...) and it will be SUMMER!!!!! Even though I will be working a lot.. I am still excited to not have to study. I promise and hereby proclaim, that I, Katy Whitehair, will NOT I repeat NOT, read this summer... unless it is something that I am extremely interested in... and of course with the exception of reading my Bible. :-) I am a little bit shocked that I've already made it through one year, and at the same time I feel like this past year has been slow. Mostly, it has been great. I have learned so much. But I feel like this should be the topic of my first official summer blog "What I learned in my first year of nursing school...." It should be funny, sad, and crazy... so tune in for that exciting post in about... 14 days!!!!! I know those imaginary people I have in my mind that actually READ this blog are pretty excited right now!!!! (oh... and my mom...) HEHE!!!!!

Thank you, and Goodnight!!!



Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FAILURE IS NOT A WORD THAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR VOCABULARY.....YOU MY DAUGHTER ARE ANYTHING BUT A FAILURE -- DEAN'S LIST IS NOT FAILURE -- ATI TESTING DOES NOT DETERMINE YOUR WORTH....GOD DETERMINES YOUR WORTH -- AND YOU ARE A BELOVED CHILD OF THE KING ----....

WE ARE PROUD OF YOU ALWAYS.
MOM AND DAD