Wednesday, August 17, 2011

There's nothing like being in your childhood home.

We're back from West Virginia!

Our trip was amazing! It was short and extremely bu
sy but full of hugs and family and friends!

There is something about going back to where you were raised. Where all your family lives that once you go back, no matter the amount of time you were gone, it feels like you've never been gone.

We had such a great time.

We arrived Thursday afternoon and went to lunch with hi
s sisters and parents. We ate our weight in chicken wings and french fries with ranch dressing. Then we all rubbed our bellies for 3 hours. That evening Matt and I drove to Morgantown to have dinner with some of our friends that are still around Morgantown. I got to see my best friend and her husband and their adorable little boy! We also met up with one of our good couple friends who are expecting their first little one, and Tiffany one of the greatest friends and people I know! Our friend Kim was there and unfortunately her husband had to work. It was so much fun catching up with all of our friends.

Friday I got to spend some much needed time with my Mom. She is my longest best friend! We are so much alike! So,
Matt and mom and I did a little shopping and got lunch at the mall. Then, we went to visit my grandma. When you add her into the mix, you have 3 peas in a pod between me, my mom and my grandma. I baked some yummy chocolate chip cookies for our 2 day run of cookouts between our 2 families.

Friday night Matt went off with 2 of his best friends from kindergarten, and I went off to dinner with my parents. My mom and I.
My dad and I after dinner.

Saturday we woke up and went to the farmers market in morgantown!
We then headed to Fairmont to spend the day with his whole family. We had a big cookout with his family, grandparents and some cousins!Matt's little niece Tessa and his nana and cousins bethany and amy.

Matt and his sisters.


Sunday we went to my families church. It was like a homecoming as well. We went home and waited for my nieces to arrive! We haven't seen them since Christmas! They are so grown up and
so smart!Ava and Kadence with Uncle Matt and Aunt Katy


Little Ava doing what she does best. Looking cute and ornery at the same time!

Kadence bein silly with Aunt Katy.

Matt's family and I at my parents house for the cookout. Ava is playing with the Ipad. She is 2 and knows how to work that thing better than I do. It was unbelievable to me.

It was a great visit and so great to see everyone! Like I said, it was short but felt like we'd never been gone. So good to be home for a few days.

Now back to reality... I work my first night shift in 6 months tonight. Should be interesting...

In the meantime, I'm gonna bake some chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes with a little surprise in the middle of the cake. Stay tuned for that! ;-)

No comments: