Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today's Inspiration

Today I've been eyeing a lot of new projects. So, I've spent a good bit of the day looking at this BLOG and getting ideas and inspiration for new projects.

Here are some inspiring things:
This really isn't a project, but I NEED that bathtub in my home someday. It must happen!


(photo via Desing*Sponge)

So I saw this chalkboard in the kitchen today and thought it was so genius! I imagined it saying "Today's Menu: Roasted veggie pasta" or something of that effect. Ironically, after some searing on Design Sponge, I decided to go do some thrifting. I went to Salvation Army and Goodwill. I found NOTHING at S&A Boutique (what my mom calls Salvation Army, she is amazing at finding good stuff there. One of the best thrifters I know-MOM). Anyways, I was browsing Goodwill and found a retro napkin holder like this:
(photo via Google Images)

I was pretty excited about this for some reason. I thought it was pretty cool and went with our dining room "theme" at this point. If there is such a thing.

I ALSO found an adorable wall hanging with a light pink framing a CHALKBOARD!!!! It's adorable! I however am not a huge fan of anything PINK. So, I bought a can of Gray spray paint and went at it! It's currently drying and I will post a photo tomorrow! ;-)

Here are some other inspiring things I've been eyeing.

This girl MADE these for her wedding just from plates she bought and painted from Goodwill and candle stands. Amazing! I have to do this!
No fireplace? Okay, why not make one?! Genius idea!

That's all for now. Goodnight!

No comments: