Friday, February 29, 2008

SPRING break?!?!

It's raining and cold... some spring break huh?!?! LOL!

Well... here I am at home!!! SPRING BREAK!!! WAHOOO!!!!

After class was over today I headed home. I stopped in Fairmont to visit Matt. We went to lunch at Cracker Barrel and I hung out with him until he had to go to work.

Then I came home and unpacked... My mom came home and wanted to go to Bob Evans. So I went out with her. On the way home I rented 2 movies... and here I sit... a typical Katy Friday night..

Watching romantic comedies... alone. LOL!

Matt is at poker night with the boys... my parents are at church... this is what happens when I come home!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS?!?!??!?!?!!?! LOL!

So I just finished watching Becoming Jane.. which was fabulous! and now it's on to the newly released "No Reservations".

I've also been looking up weight watcher dessert recipes. I'm pretty anxious to bake something good this week while I'm at home to take advantage of having an oven and a kitchen!!! :-)

I think I might make this...

Brownies


POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 24
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
These rich, cakelike brownies, made with applesauce instead of oil will make you scream, "I can't believe I'm on a diet!"

Ingredients

  • 1 package regular brownies, dry mix, about 21 1/2 oz
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 4 large egg white(s)
  • 1/4 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, or 2 oz
  • 8 medium marshmallow(s), chopped or 1 cup mini marshmallows

Instructions

  • Coat a 9- x 13-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.

  • Prepare brownie mixture according to package directions for lower fat brownies using 1/4 cup water, applesauce and egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.

  • Sprinkle walnuts over top of brownies; bake according to package directions. Remove from oven about 5 minutes before the end of the baking time, and toss chocolate chips and marshmallows over top; cook 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and cool brownies on a wire rack. Cut into 24 pieces; serve.


OR..... THIS....


Chocolate Souffle


POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Difficult
This quintessential favorite is easily lightened up by relying on lower-fat ingredients like fat-free half-and-half and fewer egg yolks.

Ingredients

  • 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
  • 6 large egg white(s)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 Tbsp light butter
  • 4 fl oz fat-free creamer
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 large egg yolk(s)

Instructions

  • Heat oven to 375°F. Coat a 2-quart soufflé pan with cooking spray; coat with 2 tablespoons flour.

  • With mixer on medium, beat whites until very soft peaks form; slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated and eggs are stiff and glossy.

  • In a small pot over medium heat melt butter; whisk in remaining flour to combine. Slowly whisk in half-and-half until smooth. Remove from heat; slowly whisk in cocoa and yolks. Spoon into large bowl.

  • In three additions fold whites into chocolate mixture. Pour into soufflé pan. Bake until evenly risen and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 30 minutes. Yields 1 cup per serving.



I'm sure watching this movie is going to make me want to get up and bake right now.. possibly quit nursing school and start my own coffee shop/ bakery.

That sounds fabulous!!!! LOL!

Maybe I should stick with Nursing School huh?! However, I was watching Oprah the other day and she was talking to women who were going through their "mid-life crisis". Well... these women all quit their jobs that were making them unhappy and opened flower shops, and coffee shops, and chocolate shops. As much as all that sounds great. I think I will stick with nursing school and save that for my "mid life crisis".

Okay... I'm off to watch No Reservations. I'll let you know how it is later!

:-)

No comments: