Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Vegetarian for a week....

Hello blogworld!!! So here's my new trend/fad.. whatever you'd like to call it!!

This week... I am a vegetarian. I am also trying to eat organic foods when possible. At least healthier... and no CAFFEINE!!!! (aside from my coffee in the morning.. if I don't have it i will have a headache by noon)

Shalane kind of inspired me to do this.. but I've been pondering it for awhile now.

So far so good.

For breakfast I had a handful of LIFE cereal (mmm...) and coffee.
For lunch, salad and a cheese quesedilla and salsa for Cat's Claw.
For dinner, salad, and roasted veggies and rice from the cafeteria.

Tonight, my roommate and I went to wal-mart and got some "organic" things... sadly... the pickins' were SLIM! There was hardly NO organic things at Buckhannon Wal-Mart (shocking I know.) LOL!

So, I did end up getting some Chocolate Silk Soymilk
Some laughing cow cheese (which my mom highly recommended) , organic/natural peanut butter, pretzel crisps (been addicted for months now!), reduced fat triscuts and ritz crackers, natural vanilla yogurt, and organic granola, and some bottled sparkling water.

So... all in all I think this is going to be a good week... hopefully I can keep it up! I'm thinking about doing vegetarian during the weeks and not worrying so much on weekends.

What do you all think?

No comments: