Friday, January 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies and Happiness

I am a big BIG fan of chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, I used to come home from school and eat like 6 cookies with milk. Pretty consistently (leading to my middle school chubbiness). I don't like when homemade cookies get hard. It irks me really bad! So, I decided to try to attempt to find a recipe that doesn't do that. Now, I LOVE my grandma's recipe, but must admit hers do get a little crunchy after cooling.

I tried this recipe today for some dinner guests tonight. It is THE best recipe I have found as of yet. I got it from the Betty Crocker website (God bless that woman. She and Julia Child are pretty much my cooking/baking role models).

Here is the recipe: (be aware: this recipe yields 6 dozen cookies! be ready to eat them! 3 STICKS OF BUTTER?!?! HOLY MOLY!!!)source and recipe

1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 to 2 bags (12 oz each) semisweet chocolate chips (2 to 4 cups)
  1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
  2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
On the menu tonight::

Tacos (and all the fixins')
Spanish Rice
Refried Beans
Corn
Chips and Homemade pico de gallo

Chocolate Chip cookies for dessert!

MMM MMM!!!!

What are you cooking/baking?!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

my mouth is drooling. i am trying to eat super healthy... and these chocolate chip cookies do not fit into this lifestyle... but but... they look SOOO tasty.

misguided mommy said...

totally random. but when your cookies get hard put them in a plastic bag with a slice or two of bread and leave them over night. next morning WALA soft cookies again. super soft!!!