Saturday, January 15, 2011

Things That Made Me Happy This Week


1.) My Husband
(he has been so good about cooking dinner, cleaning and helping out around the house since I started working full time night shift!)


2.) Girl Friends
(I've made some really great friends with 3 girls in our apartment building. We're all newlyweds and we've all clicked so well. So great to have good girl friends away from home. I miss all my
friends back home, so it's great to have such good friends here!

3.) Living in the moment
I honestly believe this is the first time in my life that I have been 100% satisfied and happy with where I am in life! Granted, there are some barriers to that with the whole only bein
g here for 2 years and knowing life is going to change again, my job being so far away, and other factors, but all of those things are outweighed by being happy with being newlywed, our location here, our neighbors, and just life in general. It's great to finally be in a place where I can live for today and enjoy the moment.


4.) Family
It was so great being home for Christmas. I miss my family. It's hard being so far away from them and only seeing them every couple months for bits of time. I am thankful for phones and facebook and outlets of communication with our families. My brother sent me a picture of my 3 (almost 4) year old niece with a grandpa mustache on and I almost died from the cuteness. Matt and I bought her those mustaches for Christmas. Look how cute those 2 peanuts are!!!

5.) Me time
This whole "me time" thing has been lacking lately. sometimes it's easy to get lost in the whole routine of working all night, sleeping all day and in your time between feeling so lethargic that the only thing that sounds good is laying on the couch watching Law & Order in sweatpants. I've been trying to make this "me time" more of a priority.

6.) Working Out and Eating Healthy
Matt and I started our gym membership this week. We've only had time to go twice, but my goal is to go at least 3 times a week. I've decided that it's time to start investing in our health now. It's time to be done with the whole eating nachos for dinner and starting eating healthy and taking care of ourselves. It feels great! :-)


These are just some things that have made me happy this week. It's always good to think about happy things and focusing on the good in life rather than dwelling on the bad.

What makes you happy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing you so happy in the moment and not wishing your life away makes Dad and I happy. This is the PLACE you've worked so hard to be. It is such a joy seeing you and Matt so happy and such great friends to each other. We are blessed.
MOM