Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Embarrassing Child Photo Contest #2 & the love story....

Well, I don't really have anymore childhood photos on my computer.... but to be honest... I still kind of feel young and like a kid. LOL!

So... here is the second most youngest picture I have on my computer... I decided I would get Matt involved as well! HAHAHA! He might hate me for this... but this is a pretty embarrassing photo.

.... are you ready for this?!??!!....

Prepare yourselves.....






WHOA!!!! look at those WHITE thighs my man is rockin'.... HAHAHAHA!!!

This is a good story actually.... this is pretty much the beginning of Matt and I's story together... LOL!

This picture was taken at InterVarsity Christian Fellowship's 80's Jam Session at West Virginia University.

This was my freshman year of college... like in October. I had just been in college for a few months. I met Matt my senior year of high school and we became kind of friends.. kind of acquaintances. We met at my church when InterVarsity was having an overnight retreat. I immediately fell head over heels for him... but he was a freshman in college and I was just a senior in high school. I was way out of my element at this retreat, but I went to meet people I would be going to college with the next year and people from my church. It was fun. Matt got out his guitar and we had a bonfire.. *swoon* All I did was stare at him and wish he would notice me! He was way out of my league.

So... we occasionally chatted on the internet.. but every time I saw Matt in person he would barely talk to me. Instead of using my head and just thinking that "maybe he's just shy" I thought "wow... he really doesn't like me..." HAHA! *side note* (why are girls so naive and self-doubters? or is that just me?!?!)

Matt and I continued to talk and be friends and both dated other people for about a year.

When I started college, my boyfriend at the time and I were having our falling outs and I was beginning to become a different person as I started the new chapter of my life. Matt and I began talking more and more in person as I started to attend InterVarsity again. I just kept running into Matt everywhere. I felt as though God was calling me to pursue something with Matt.

I ended things with my boyfriend at the time... and Matt and I hung out and got to know each other more as friends.

Now for the embarrassment.... one evening I was hanging out with one of my girlfriends. We had the urge to play Halo and I knew that Matt had the game at his house. I had heard him talking about it before. So, I messaged Matt on the internet and pretty much told him we were coming over to play. At this time I had already began realizing that Matt was kind of interested. So... my friend and I went over to his house. We played Halo and cards for a few hours. It was early morning when we left his house and when I went to get in my car.. Kristy would not leave until I went back into his house and told Matt that I liked him. The issue here is that Kristy was parked behind my car and she literally would not move her car until I did this crazy thing she was asking me to do.

SO... I called Matt's cell phone and told him I needed to talk to him and asked him if I could come back inside. Kristy watched me go back inside and told me to call her as soon as I left. This literally may have been the most awkward... most nerve wracking situation in my entire life. Here is the dialogue:

Matt: "So what's going on?!"
Me: "well.. I just um... well.. kind of um.... wanted to talk to you about something."
Matt: "okay... "
Me: (silence) "well... I THINK I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU!"
Matt: "yeah... I kind of knew that"
Me:" oh was I that obvious?!"
Matt: "well... yes."
Me: "okay, well soo... what then?"
Matt: "well I don't really know how I feel?!"
Me: *crushed... doubtful... gut sinking... heart pounding...* "oh..."
Matt: "but I'd like to hang out more and get to know each other better"
Me: *huge smile* "YEAH! Sounds great... me too... I don't want to rush into anything"...

HAHA!!!!!!!!
After a couple months of hanging out.. we began to realize how much we liked each other.
I guess you could say that it was the booty shorts that did it to me... those hott outfits you saw above started it all.

Now... we've been dating for over 2 years and everything is so happy! :-) even though we don't see each other all that often now.... it makes it so happy and so much better when we do.

So that is just a little about my love story so far and some embarrassing moments as well to make up for my lack of embarrassing childhood photos. :-)This is the most recent picture of both of us.... LOL! Sorry that we both look kind of out of it. Matt's hair is buzzed now and my bangs are different... we need to take more pictures next time we're together. HAHA!

1 comment:

T@R@ said...

i have to say that as embarrassing as that photo is, the pic of tiff and i from that night is MUCH worse....don't think you can beat my fuschia leggings and eyelashes the same color ;)