Friday, March 7, 2008

I WANT TO MAKE THEM VISIBLE!!!!!

WHERE DID THIS WEEK GO!?!?!?!?!?!

So my spring break is winding down. I honestly have NO IDEA where all the time went! It has been a good week though.

Starting where the last post left off....

Tuesday night was amazing. My friend Tiffany was in town with Invisible Children. My heart was hurting so much after the video of Sunday.

His story broke my heart. I have such a passion for this after seeing this movie. I have become more aware of the fact that I take my life for granted so much. Everyday we go about our lives buying our expensive Starbuck's coffees, playing on our expensive laptops, eating junk food whenever we want wherever we want, spending ridiculous amounts of money on things we don't need. It breaks my heart. I almost want to just sell all of what I own... and live like this. But instead of being that drastic... I bought a bracelet like that talked about in the clip I posted.

My friend Tara (Tiffany's sister) asked me to go to Uganda with her this summer on a medical mission trip. I would LOVE to go. I have started praying about it... we'll see where God takes that decision.

In other news...

Wednesday I had my annual doctor's appointment in Pittsburgh. Nothing new... just back in 6 months. Always nice to hear good news from the doctor. My mom went with me to my appointment. We had some mother/daughter bonding time. We went to lunch and went shopping at the mall in Pittsburgh. I got some cute stuff from Delia's, my favorite store EVER! Once we got back Wednesday night I went to the second showing of Invisible Children with friends and then we all went out to Texas Roadhouse for half price appetizers. it was a lot of fun to catch up with Tiffany and hear about the lifestyle she has been living on tour with Invisible Children.

Thursday... I spent ALL DAY with Matt! :-) It was a blast. We went to lunch at Black Bear (i love that place so much!) then we went and did some shopping as well. We went to Target and Old Navy and a couple other random places :-) . HEHE! It was a lot of fun. We came back and hung out at my house. Then last night I went to InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at WVU. I miss all of my friends there. The speaker was really good. We talked about the book Blue Like Jazz. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone! It is a fabulous book!

Today I woke up to my mom calling me. It was 11:00!!! I miss sleeping in! LOL! It was so nice! I wish I could do it more often. I woke up and went to lunch with her at the Mediterranean Deli. I also miss all the awesome variety of restaurants that are in Morgantown. We just don't have that in Buckhannon. LOL! Then I went and got my hair trimmed and NEW BANGS!!! :-) I was very tempted to take the risk and CUT THEM MYSELF like my blog friend Emery but unfortunately I know mine would not turn out as cute as hers! Pictures to come soon... my chord for my digital camera is at school.

I also did some more baking today. I tried a recipe for Peanut Butter Whole Wheat Muffins. They smelled and looked so good.... but looks can be deceiving. My mom and I took a bite into one and both made an awful face. They didn't taste like ANYTHING... maybe just a hunk of flour. We ended up throwing them down the garbage disposal... my heart broke again when we did.. because even though those muffins tasted AWFUL... there are starving children out there who have nothing.

Matt is coming up tonight after he gets off work at 8. I rented American Gangster and Paris Je'Taime (something like that....). I'll let you know how they are in the next post.

For now... I'm off to do a little more homework before Matt gets here and realizing more and more that it's back to the grind here in just a couple days....

1 comment:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog! I love making new blog friends! Keep in touch! Your blog is so fun by the way! Love it!