Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's Friday I'm In Love

Today was quite lovely. My husband and I slept in. Then we woke up and sipped our coffee and ate yummy cereal. Then we were lazy all morning. Then we made some lunch and got ready, and headed to Joann Fabrics to get some fun supplies for some knitting projects I am working on. Then we did some thrifting at Goodwill (no purchases). While we were there my husband got a call from a friend asking if he wanted to take his extra ticket to the Sufjan Stevens concert tonight. (side note. my husband wanted to go to this concert sooo badly. it sold out in 2 hours. needless to say we did not get tickets). So I obviously told him he should go! So,

This is what my Friday evening consisted of:

ONE:

Candy corn. I may or may not have had a few handfuls into the candy corn jar tonight.



While the husband was out at the concert, I cleaned the entire apartment. I literally cleaned and organized closets. When we moved in we tried to get rid of things we weren't going to use, but it eventually turned into just get stuff out of boxes so this looks like we live here. So I went back through and organized
and threw away some things.

I am still loving my hutch. As I was cleaning tonight I thought I'd share some things I am loving. First off, those nesting bowls. We already broke one. It had a blue one, but somehow we broke it already. I am also loving the paper straws. We had them at each table setting at our wedding so each guest had one. We had extra and so I made sure to scoop those up before the move.


After my cleaning escapade I sat down in my usual spot at the end of the futon.


I lit the wood wick candle to make it seem like we have a fireplace. Made some black cherry tea. I love this little corner of our apartment. Someday Matt and I hope to have a room for our musical instruments (my piano is at my parents house still. no room here for that!) and a crafting room combined. For now, he has a music corner. In that corner you will also find this.


My knitting basket. The basket is from Africa. I got it on my trip to Tanzania in 2009. I am loving the fall colors of my yarn in this photo. I'm working on some fun knit projects right now. Stay tuned for those!!


Hope you are having a lovely Friday! Tomorrow morning I have "Coffee and Crafts" with some of the girls from my Bible Study. We had one a few weekends ago and it was a lot of fun. Tomorrow night we have friends coming to visit and stay with us. I'm making a big pot of chili and cornbread and some pumpkin muffins and it'll be a great evening!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Mm you had me at candy corn! Hope you're having a good weekend!